The CONWY Canopy Scissor Basement car parking lift aka Underground Car Lift can serve as both a basement car lift as well as a lift for a basement garage, with the canopy offering either a simple cover over the main lifting deck or alternatively a secondary lifting platform to raise cars on.
Underground Parking: Installed as an underground car lift, the lift operates using a simple shaft offering a secure extra space below ground whilst the canopy covers the shaft top. The canopy can be finished with almost any material, often made to match the surrounding area, but that is entirely the owner’s choice. These underground parking lifts are often found where space is at a premium, such as in urban and city centre locations, and additionally where security and the safe storage of high-value vehicles is an issue. With the main parking platform in the lowered position, the canopy serves to close off the pit at ground level and provides a parking space. In many cases, the underground car parking lifts we have installed have been sited outdoors often close to the road and house. It is possible to install these lifts in pairs or even groups, however, there are other designs that can triple stack cars vertically underground if further parking capacity is required.
Basement car parking lift: alternatively, the Conwy scissor with canopy is installed to gain access to a basement level, where depending on the size of the underground area, the car can be driven off or left on the lift. As with pit parking, whilst the lift is down the canopy secures the opening and provides a parking space.
- Instantly double your parking but still only use a single space footprint
- Indoor and outdoor models are available
- Lift size and weight capacity customised to your requirements
- Unobtrusive and secure – the lift and lower vehicle are completely concealed
- Aesthetically pleasing – the canopy top surface can be tiled to match surroundings
- Multiple units can be installed side by side for use in office car parks or apartments
- The controls of the lift are available in a wide range of levels of sophistication
- Simple and quiet operation particularly suited where operating noise levels are a factor
- Safe and easy to operate
It’s all about choices. We have worked over the past fifteen years with a few well chosen factories offering you the customer the best choice between costing, range of finishes, and options. Our partner factories in both the Far East and Europe offer good value for money and we have installed a number of these lifts to date. With the owner’s permission, one or two are normally available to view as reference sites for serious buyers. Practically all these Conwy basement lifts are manufactured as one-offs: ie to the customer’s specification & further requirements. The basic specification includes the lift platform size, load capacity, lifting height, power requirements, down to a simple choice of the paint colour.